How do I apply?
In order for your son’s application to be considered, please complete the relevant Application form for the year of entry and return it with
- an unabridged copy of his birth certificate
- a passport size photo of your son
- a copy of his Grade 6 December report. (If you are applying for Grades 9-12, we require a copy of the previous year’s December report together with his latest report for the current year)
- a copy of your son's Clinic Card (proof of vaccination)
- a copy of both parents' ID documents.
Please select and complete the relevant application form according to the year in which your son would begin at Maritzburg College:
Letters acknowledging receipt of applications will be posted, and these will also provide further details regarding the admissions process. No application fee is payable. However, an acceptance deposit of R3 100 (for dayboys) and R7 300 (for boarders) will be payable if your son is accepted.
The school fees for 2017 (excluding the acceptance deposit) are made up as follows:
- Tuition for Form 2 (Grade 8), including the differential rate is R44 000*.
- Tuition for Form 3 to 6 (Grade 9 to 12) is R41 500.
- Boarding for Form 2 (Grade 8) including the differential rate is R65 500*.
- Boarding for Form 3 to 6 (Grade 9 to 12) is R62 500.
* Due to investment in HR and IT in the school and significant Capex expansion in the Boarding Establishment, there is a differential fee for Form 2 (Grade 8) intake.
Please note that the fees for 2018 will increase, but will be finalised at the AGM in October/November 2017.
PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU APPLY TO MORE THAN ONE HIGH SCHOOL AS THERE IS A LIMIT TO THE NUMBER OF BOYS WE ARE ABLE TO ACCOMMODATE IN THE BOARDING ESTABLISHMENT AND IN THE CLASSROOMS.
NB: Applications for Grade 8 open at the start of the Grade 6 year, and close at the end of February (of the Grade 7 year). Due to the large number of applications we receive, we prefer applications to be submitted in the Grade 6 year.
Applications for Grade 9 – 12 may be made at any time during the year, but as the school is full at the start of each year, we will only be able to accept new boys if somebody leaves Maritzburg College.